March 21, 2020
My heart breaks to say the least. Just a few weeks ago I was excited to announce that my 2020 calendar was completely full, and I was not able to accept anymore weddings for this year. Now I am working with several clients to reschedule their weddings due to COVID-19.
I have 25 weddings total for 2020. One happened at the end of February, just before the COVID-19 outbreak in the U.S.. Five couples between March, April and May are considering rescheduling for a later date. Two of which were able to snag some of the last available Saturdays I have from July to December. If this goes into June and July, I am going to be at a loss of words.
I have been able to touch base with all of my clients, provide them with options and support. But I worry that it won’t be enough. About half of my bride & grooms are in the medical field and continuing to work. I couldn’t imagine dealing with work, while also having to completely reschedule a wedding. My heart truly goes out to all couples being affected. I know how much heart, tears, stress and money goes into your wedding and to have it completely taken away is unimaginable.
Find Support on on Christina Ney Photography Couples Facebook Group!
I have made a group on Facebook for my clients to be able to find support during this difficult time. If my clients are able to connect, support and guide one another, it will benefit them in the long run. If you are a client and have yet to join, you can do so HERE.
In addition to rescheduling weddings, I have also postponed all engagement session from now until June 1. I wish I was able to move forward with sessions. However, considering that some of these clients are in the medical field, I don’t want them to risk being out and exposing themselves more than they already are.
To my clients who are considering rescheduling:
- Please be patient with me and consider Friday or Sundays; I only have a handful of Saturday’s open from July 1-December 31.
- If you are considering moving forward with a ceremony on your original date, I am willing and able to record the ceremony for you. I am not charging any extra to do this. I will be there for you, masked and ready to capture those moments.
- Be in contact with your vendors. See what they are doing in order to reschedule with you without having to fork over more money. At this time, I am highly encouraging my clients in March, April and May to consider rescheduling. For all we know, this could be fully resolved at the end of April.
- The reschedule/cancellation policy noted in your contracts stands as is. I am working with you on rescheduling for available 2020 dates. Know that I do need to stand by my contracts in order to remain fair to all my clients.
- Payments: Your $1000 non-refundable retainer is just that, non-refundable. Many who are rescheduling have moved forward with their payment plans as is. If you are needing an extension please contact me directly.
To new 2020 and 2021 inquiries.
At this time, I am not booking any additional weddings for 2020. I am prioritizing my current clients to accommodate rescheduled weddings. I would happily offer recommendations of photographers who may be available but cannot make any promises.
To those who have inquired for a 2021 date, if I had been previously communicating with you, I will continue to move forward with booking. Any new 2021 inquiries will be put on hold until my current clients are able to reschedule as they may opt for 2021 dates. I will communicate with you individually.
Thank you to all of my clients, your support during this time is much appreciated. Know that I fully support you and am praying for you as you make these hard decisions. We will get COVID-19 this together.